The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program offers $25,000 scholarships across the U.S. and recipients will receive their award at the National Scholars Conference in Washington D.C. during spring 2019.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Full time enrollment as a high school senior in the U.S and graduate in spring/summer of 2019
- Plan to enter a U.S. college no later than the fall following graduation
- Intend to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the U.S. (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in extracurricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a U.S. citizen
The application will be available August 1 – October 25. To learn more and apply, visit the Horatio Alger Association website.