Individual college counseling is at the heart of what we do.
One-on-one counseling allows us address each student’s unique set of circumstances while supporting parents and school counselors. We counsel students and their families year-round. Some people meet with us almost every week throughout the entire application process while others visit us one time for a specific issue.
We help students and their families:
- Create a personalized list of colleges and/or vocational schools that matches their needs and aspirations. We can explore instate and out-of-state options, as well as public and private schools.
- Register for college admissions tests
- Complete college applications
- Brainstorm, revise and edit application essays
- Search for scholarships
- Complete scholarship applications
- Complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile
- Complete school financial aid forms
- Follow through with financial aid offices
- Analyze financial aid packages
- Decide on the best school to attend
- Register for orientation programs and housing
- Complete the FAFSA annually throughout the college years
Bridges counselors meet with students at our office. Please call to set up an appointment.
Although our individual counseling services are free, we invite students and their families to help sustain the organization by making a contribution.